Sunday, November 16, 2008

Give Me An Eagle!



Joel and Caleb just got back from a scout campout yesterday. I was thinking today how happy I am that they are both Eagle Scouts. Joel spent many years as a ScoutMaster and I never really resented the time it took him away from me- especially since he was guiding Caleb along his scouting path. (Caleb went on his first overnight at 18 months old.) His troop in Oregon has left us with many treasured memories. If any of you guys read this, we still laugh at the stories about your campouts!! :) I am amazed at the knowledge Joel has about scouting and the outdoors! I especially like the fact that he does all the cooking and pot scrubbing when we go camping....hehe... If I were ever stuck in the middle of nowhere.....please let the guy next to me be a good Eagle Scout!! It would be almost as good as having McGyver (you know-the 80's t.v. show?) Or better yet!! Please make it Joel!!! :)

“A Scout smiles and whistles under all circumstances.” --Sir Robert Baden-Powell

3 comments:

The Karrens said...

We should take the girls camping and bring your husband along to show us how to take care of ourselves in the wilderness. He has lots of talents.

Linda said...

Thanks so much for posting this scouting blogpost. I love the picture, and I might "steal" the eagle blog and customize it for myself! I also am glad I have two eagles at home. It was mandatory in our home, and my daughters had to marry eagle scouts. Kat was a girl scout, and Lizzie was also a very highly decorated Daisy and Brownie Scout. Mark was Scoutmaster and I've been a Den Mother. I really beleive in scouts, and didn't know your "boys" were Eagles! SOAR EAGLES! Woo Hoo!

Braden Bell said...

I am really glad that Joel and Caleb are teaching my boys all this stuff that I have no talent for! They do such a great job. Funny you mentioned MacGyver. We got some dvds of that series and our boys LOVE them.