Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Celebrate!!














Last night, we celebrated Joel's birthday. He is a wonderful husband, father and grandfather! I'm so thankful for him! We have been married for over 30 years!! Wow!! We may be older but we're also wiser. There is a quote that says, "Newlyweds become oldyweds, and oldyweds are the reasons that families work. " Well, we must be oldyweds now, and somehow this family still works! Joel holds this family together whether he realizes it or not. I fell in love many years ago with a strong, quiet, loving young man. He may be a little grayer (okay, a lot grayer :) ), a little bigger, more talkative (because he has to be), and wiser, but he is still the strong, gentle spirit he has always been. Joel brings a lot of laughter to our family and so I will add this quote: "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." ~Rita Rudner. Hopefully the Lord will bless me, and the whole family, with many more years of laughter amid the annoyances -compliments of Joel!! J/K We love you, Joel!!:)

3 comments:

Braden Bell said...

What a great post! I wish I had known, I didn't even tell him happy birthday yesterday. He is a great guy and we are lucky to have some of that quiet strength in our ward.

Traylor Family said...

Happy Birthday Joel!

Trisha said...

We would be lost without Joel that's for sure! He does a lot for us, and I appreciate him more than words can say. Happy Birthday!