Sunday, March 22, 2009

Being "Mom".......

Alayna & Caleb 22 years ago

Today in Young Women's, Jenna taught a lesson on self-reliance which kind of focused on the girls becoming more independent of their parents and strenghthening their relationship. She wanted Alayna and I to talk about our relationship and what it was like when Alayna left for school and how that felt, etc. Alayna couldn't be there because Lukas is sick. I would have liked to hear how Alayna would have answered Jenna's questions.....but then again, maybe not. I know I'm hard on myself, but I do know I'm not the perfect parent and deep inside, I realize that is okay. I've tried. What I can say is that Caleb and Alayna have grown to be wonderful adults- people that I like to be with! They are both loving, caring people. Motherhood has been both extremely hard and extremely rewarding. There have been times my heart has been broken, and better yet, there have been more times of overwhelming joy! I'm thankful everyday for my children and I'm so lucky to have them near!!



Alayna, Caleb, Diana & Joel 2005

While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about.~Angela Schwindt

2 comments:

Traylor Family said...

It's no wonder you have such an amazing family... you're one of the kindest, gentlest woman I've ever met. I'm so glad that I've gotten to know you over the last few months.

Braden Bell said...

I wasn't there to see how you did it, but you have two wonderful kids, so you sure did something right!