Friday, June 12, 2009

I Love Fireflies!

Okay, maybe I don't "love" them- I really don't like any kind of bug but fireflies are so cool! Last summer was my first experience actually seeing fireflies. Growing up in the west, I guess I kind of thought fireflies were like a Disney invention. I was so excited to see them last summer for the first time! They're real!! Joel thought it was pretty funny when we were out on a walk and I actually got to see them for the first time twinkling in the yards. I was happy to see them again at the beginning of June this year! I do know they aren't really flies but beetles. It's funny to see our little dog trying to catch them. It is one of the things that I love about being here in Tennessee. Such a little thing- but they make me happy. Alayna and I really need to catch some and put them in a jar for Lukas!

2 comments:

Traylor Family said...

I know the feeling! I get so excited to see them. There haven't been as many the past few years. They are such a magical treat to see.

Linda said...

I love reading your blog and I love even more the way you write about the things you care about. Diana, thanks for sharing your family with us!