Friday, October 17, 2008

First Grandbaby!!


Someone once said-"Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old". I'm so excited to be "Grandma" to a new little person. Lukas is such a sweety. When he was just a few days old, I was holding him as he slept and Alayna and I could see his eyes wandering behind his closed eyelids and his mouth form cute little smiles. As we sat there we wondered what he could be dreaming of. So, tell me---how can a baby just a few days old be dreaming and smiling with so little life experiences? We both came to the same conclusion at the same time. He was dreaming about his experiences before he came here to earth. They say the veil is very thin when one is very young. Wow! Lukas, to me, is proof of God's plan! I am so excited to be "Grandma"!!

3 comments:

The Karrens said...

I love the blog. I am so glad to know you and I think Lukas is adorable. I want to squeeze his cheeks. You are an amazing person and I enjoyed our detours on the way to the temple.

Traylor Family said...

I LOVE holding your grandson. He's the first baby I've held since my own little Lucas was born almost 18 months ago.

...Someone was told me that babies aren't capable of dreaming. Can you believe that. My fondest memories of my infant son are the ones you described here. Watching him dream and smile while sleeping. I love knowing that at that time he was still so close to his Father in Heaven.

you can check us out at www.familytraylor.blogspot.com
Alexandra

Braden Bell said...

Hey Sims family! I am so glad to know about your blog. Loved the post about the baby. That is so sweet. It didn't make me want another one, though. Glad to have the whole clan in the ward.