Sunday, March 13, 2011

Wow! Life Sometimes Feels Like a Rollercoaster!


Pres. Thomas S. Monson said, "Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not." My dear, sweet daughter is going through a hard change now. But as her mother who loves her daughter with all her heart, I am glad she is safely out of a bad situation. Yes, I had sleepless nights where I just waited to hear all was okay. On a positive note, she is doing good and we are looking forward to attending the temple in the next few weeks with her for her first time! This gives me much peace and happiness! Joel and I were talking the other day and I mentioned how this life hasn't been easy. Not that I expected it to be, but I hadn't anticipated some of the events in our lives that have happened. What life has taught me is that we each endure our own hardships. Everyone has trials and for the most part, we don't know what others may be going through. So, I hope that I am learning to be more patient and empathetic with others.

I know for a fact, that the most important thing in life~ is family! They will be by your side through the ups and downs of life! I have always loved this quote:

To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. ~Barbara Bush

I hope that I can accept and embrace changes that will most certainly come my way. I am striving hard to find joy in this journey- sometimes it is easy- sometimes not. And yes! It does sometimes feel like a rollercoaster- but I'll admit- I've always loved them!!

3 comments:

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

I agree so much with the statement "Everyone has trials and for the most part, we don't know what others may be going through" it is a great reminder for everyone and we all need to remember to be more open to others and what they may be going through.
We love your family so much and hope for blue skies and sunshine in your future and when ever a cloudy day rolls in we hope you stand strong and wait out each storm with a cup of hot cocoa or warm chocolate chip cookie.

Thanks for posting and for being such a sweet example of a loving, caring and wonderful woman to me. I am so glad we have become friends in the past few months.

Mere said...

You've weathered this storm (all of you!) in an amazing way. I admire your faith and your dedication to family and all that is good. I am so excited for your upcoming temple trip!!!

And ditto Kate on working in Primary together --- what a great bunch of women that I have to be a part of each week!!

Linda said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs and it's almost been a year since this post. Love you, Love your Family! Thanks for this WONDERFUL post!